ARE YOU HAVING A SORE THROAT?
A sore throat is a pain, scratchiness, or irritation of the throat that often worsens when you swallow. The most common cause
of a sore throat (pharyngitis) is a viral infection, such as a cold or the flu. A sore throat caused by a virus resolves on its own
Strep throat (streptococcal infection), a less common type of sore throat caused by bacteria, requires treatment with antibiotics to prevent complications. Other less common causes of sore throat might require more complex treatment (mayoclinic.org).
Causes of sore throats range from infections to injuries. Here are eight of the most common sore throat causes.
1. Colds, the flu, and other viral infections
Viruses cause about 90 percent of sore throats (2Trusted Source). Among the viruses that cause sore throats are:
- the common cold
- influenza — the flu
- mononucleosis, an infectious disease that’s transmitted through saliva
- measles, an illness that causes a rash and fever
- chickenpox, an infection that causes a fever and an itchy, bumpy rash
- mumps, an infection that causes swelling of the salivary glands in the neck
2. Strep throat and other bacterial infections
Bacterial infections can also cause sore throats. The most common one is strep throat, an infection of the throat and tonsils caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria.
Strep throat causes nearly 40 percent of sore throat cases in children (3). Tonsillitis, and sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia can also cause a sore throat.
When the immune system reacts to allergy triggers like pollen, grass, and pet dander, it releases chemicals that cause symptoms like nasal congestion, watery eyes, sneezing, and throat irritation.
Excess mucus in the nose can drip down the back of the throat. This is called postnasal drip and can irritate the throat.
4. Dry air
Dry air can suck moisture from the mouth and throat, and leave them feeling dry and scratchy. The air is most likely dry in the winter months when the heater is running.
5. Smoke, chemicals, and other irritants
Many different chemicals and other substances in the environment irritate the throat, including:
- cigarette and other tobacco smoke
- air pollution
- cleaning products and other chemicals
After September 11, more than 62 percent of responding firefighters reported frequent sore throats. Only 3.2 percent had had sore throats before the World Trade Center disaster (4Trusted Source).
Any injury, such as a hit or cut to the neck, can cause pain in the throat. Getting a piece of food stuck in your throat can also irritate it.
Repeated use strains the vocal cords and muscles in the throat. You can get a sore throat after yelling, talking loudly, or singing for a long period of time. Sore throats are a common complaint among fitness instructors and teachers, who often have to yell (4Trusted Source).
7. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a condition in which acid from the stomach backs up into the esophagus — the tube that carries food from the mouth to the stomach.
The acid burns the esophagus and throat, causing symptoms like heartburn and acid reflux — the regurgitation of acid into your throat.
A tumor of the throat, voice box, or tongue is a less common cause of a sore throat. When a sore throat is a sign of cancer, it doesn’t go away after a few days.
Symptoms of a sore throat can vary depending on the cause. Signs and symptoms might include (mayoclinic.org):
- Pain or a scratchy sensation in the throat
- Pain that worsens with swallowing or talking
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sore, swollen glands in your neck or jaw
- Swollen, red tonsils
- White patches or pus on your tonsils
- A hoarse or muffled voice
BIO LOZEN MIGHT HELP RELIEVES YOUR SORE THROAT PROBLEM AND MAKE YOUR CHEERFUL DAY COMES BACK!
Most of our clients especially General practitioners such as Clinics, Pharmacies, and hospitals are taken this product because of its effectiveness and confidence with our products. In fact, their patient’s feedback is positive, and recommend continuing this product once they are having a sore throat problem.
It gives you fast, soothing, effective, relief when you have a mouth or throat infection. It comes with two flavors Peppermint & Honey Lemon.
- From a pure herbal preparation, that helps to relieve cough and sore throat. Every herb has been chosen with utmost care to give a complete cough formula.
- Useful in relieving dry cough, productive cough, and cough of various etiology.
- Useful in relieving bad breath due to smoking or chewing tobacco, thus acts as excellent mouth freshener.
The Ingredients (Each 2.5 gm lozenge):
- Folium Eucalyptus globulus extract – 6.00mg
- Methyl Paraben (Preservatives) – 2.25mg (0.09%)
If you have further inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or you can just only Direct Message via our https://lnkd.in/g9mz8nSW